I’ve experimented with a variety of methods for preparing chicken gizzards. However, so far, the air fryer chicken gizzards recipe is the best.
My family, including my kids, adores air-fried chicken gizzards.
In the air fryer, fried gizzards are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. In a nutshell, this recipe is delectable.
What Are Chicken Gizzards?
Chicken gizzards are a popular dish all over the world. It’s a muscle found in a chicken’s digestive tract. Gizzards are muscular, tiny, and have an exceptional flavor. They have a darker color and a chewier, more difficult texture.
Can I Cook Gizzards in The Air Fryer?
Coat the coated chicken gizzards in cooking spray and place them in the air fryer basket—Cook for 8 minutes at 400°F. After 4 minutes, toss/shake the basket and cook for another 4 minutes. Remove them from the pan and serve them with your preferred dipping sauce.
How Do You Clean the Gizzards of a Chicken?
Making a shallow cut down the middle of the gizzard to reveal the yellow bag and its contents is the usual approach to clean it. Try to cut just the outer membrane with your knife blade without digging too deep; there’s no point in dulling your knife on rocks.
Tips for Frying Gizzards in The Air Fryer:
- To get the most outstanding results, don’t boil the gizzards; instead, let them simmer for an hour or two.
- For an equally cooked result, cut the chicken gizzards into similar diameters.
- For the best results, make sure your air fryer is preheated.
- To uniformly cook the gizzards, toss/shake the air fryer basket halfway through the cooking duration.
- If using frozen gizzards, let them thaw overnight in the fridge before coating.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Air Fryer Cranberry Brie Bites
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Chicken GizzardsAir fry cooking prepares chicken gizzard in a healthy and delicious way.
- 1 lb chicken gizzards cut into bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg
- non stick cooking spray
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the gizzard pieces into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Spray the top of gizzard pieces with cooking spray.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8 minutes.
- After 4 minutes of cooking, flip the gizzard pieces and spray the top with cooking spray.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the gizzard pieces from Air Fryer and serve.
NutritionCalories: 57kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 3gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 890mgPotassium: 34mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 87IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 9mgIron: 1mgTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!