Try the air fryer Cajun salmon if you are bored of bland fish. It is easier to cook even on weekdays and healthier to eat.
This moist and tasty salmon is ready in about 7 minutes in an air fryer and is full of flavor with a tinge of sweetness.
At What Temperature Should I Cook the Salmon to?
1450 Fahrenheit – Salmon should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F, according to the FDA.
The best solution is to use a thermometer with an instant-read feature. Otherwise, you should know it’s done when your salmon flakes easily with a fork or when it starts to flake but still have a little clarity in the middle.
Is It Necessary to Defrost Salmon Before Air Frying It?
Frozen Salmon vs. Thawed Salmon: It is not mandatory to defrost salmon before cooking it in the air fryer. An air fryer is capable of cooking frozen food. However, for the best texture and faster cooking, it is better to defrost it beforehand.
How Do We Prepare Salmon Before Placing It in An Air Fryer?
Using a paper towel, dry the salmon fillets after rinsing them. Spray oil on the fillets. In a small bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning and brown sugar. Using a fork, sift the ingredients onto a plate. Press the Fillets’ flesh sides into the seasoning mix. That’s it.
When Cooking Salmon in An Air Fryer, How Do You Know When It’s Done?
A Meat Thermometer Could Help: Check the thickest section of the salmon with a digital meat thermometer. The internal temperature should be 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from the air fryer as soon as possible; if left in the basket, it will continue to cook. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, the color of the salmon will tell you when it’s done.
More Seafood Recipe
Air Fryer Cajun Salmon
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray If you're using an unsalted Cajun flavor, you might wish to add salt before serving.
- 2 (7-ounces) (¾-inch thick) salmon fillets Use center-cut fillets that are about an inch thick for the greatest results.
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle each salmon fillet with Cajun seasoning and sugar evenly.
- After preheating, arrange the salmon fillets into the greased Air Fryer Basket, skin-side up in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 7 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the salmon fillets from Air Fryer and place onto a plate.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and serve.