Make our Crunchy Air Fryer Cheesy Broccoli Bites recipe as soon as possible! They’re crispy, breaded, and cheesy, and they make an excellent appetizer. Look ahead to make a large batch of these because they are so wonderful and addictive.
Broccoli Cheese Bites from the Air Fryer are crispy on the outside yet cheesy on the inside. What a delicious approach to get your healthy vegetables! It only takes a few minutes in the air fryer to prepare these crispy breaded broccoli bits, and then all you have to do is serve them with your favorite dip.
You’ll be kicking yourself for not making them sooner!
What Type of Broccoli Should Be Used?
This air fryer cheesy broccoli bites recipe calls for broccoli florets, but the stems can also be used. If using the stems may not make them as crispy and crunchy as the florets.
Which Type of Breadcrumbs is good for This Recipe?
You can use regular bread crumbs or (Japanese) panko bread crumbs, your choice. I’ve tried it with both, and they’re both great. They’re made with panko bread crumbs in this recipe, though.
Should I Use Shredded Cheese or Block of Cheese?
Which cheese to use in this recipe is one of my best tips to share! Purchase the cheese block and shred it yourself; it makes a significant impact.
Is shredding the cheese more difficult and time-consuming? Yes. Although I assure you that you will not be disappointed.
Because the pre-shredded cheese is mixed with something to keep it from gluing and bunching, it never becomes the gooey, melty perfection that cheese should be.
Is It Possible To Make Air Fryer Broccoli Bites In Advance?
Yes! You may make the cheesy broccoli bites in the air fryer ahead of time or meal-prep it.
Before you start cooking: Broccoli can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week if cut into florets.
After you’ve finished cooking: Allow the broccoli to cool before storing it in an airtight jar for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Cheesy Broccoli Bites
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 ¼ cups cheddar cheese grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a food processor, add the broccoli and pulse until finely crumbled.
- In a large bowl, add the broccoli and remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Make small equal-sized balls from the mixture.
- Arrange the balls into a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the balls into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the balls from Air Fryer and serve.