These air fryer chocolate Coconut cookies consist of a fantastic texture that is delightfully chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside, and no chilling is required! Without a doubt, it’s my favorite cookie recipe.
We’ve got a classic chocolate coconut cookie recipe for you today, but this time it’s baked in an air fryer!
Why Bake These Cookies in an Air Fryer?
Portion Control: If you’re like me and do not want yourself devouring a big bunch of cookies in one sitting, this recipe is for you. You can bake a small batch of cookies at a time in an air fryer and then freeze the remainder of the dough. You can also keep it in the fridge for no more than two days.
No Oven-Heat: Another reason to make cookies in an air fryer is if it’s hot outside and you don’t want to use your oven, but you still need cookies.
Preheats Quickly: The air fryer preheats in under a minute, which means freshly baked cookies in just minutes.
Energy-Efficient: For recipe testing, I can test my cookies one at a time rather than using the entire oven. It’s incredibly energy-efficient!
Is it Possible to Freeze Cookie Dough?
Yes! After flattening the cookie dough with your hands and forming six cookies, gently put them in a Ziploc bag and freeze. Please do not mix them up. Simply take the dough out of the freezer when ready to bake and bake in an air fryer as recommended.
What is the Best Way to Reheat these Cookies?
You can best reheat them in your air fryer at 300 degrees F for 2 minutes. The cookies can also be reheated in the microwave. Simply reheat for 15 seconds at a time until warm.
Can I Use Coconut Sugar?
The gluten-free version I tried with coconut sugar had a gritty texture. They weren’t as well-knit as they should be.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 2¼ ounces caster sugar
- 3½ ounces coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 ounces self rising flour
- 1¼ ounces vegan chocolate chopped
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a small-sized bowl, add flaxseed and water and blend well. Set aside for about 5 minutes.
- In a large-sized bowl, add the sugar and coconut oil and beat until fluffy and light
- Add the flaxseed mixture and vanilla extract and beat until well combined
- Now add the flour and chocolate and blend well.
- In a shallow bowl, place the coconut.
- With your hands, make small balls from the mixture.
- Roll each dough ball into the coconut evenly.
- Press each ball slightly.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the cookies into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the cookies from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Now invert the cookies onto the cooling rack to cool completely before serving.