Fish fry at home on Friday nights! For a guilt-free dinner, encrusted tender cod is fried in your air fryer with a homemade breading. I prefer to serve it with roasted potatoes, tartar sauce, and sweet and sour coleslaw that I make from scratch.
This Air Fryer Crispy Cod is straightforward to prepare, and you won’t believe it’s oil-free!
If you enjoy items that have a golden brown CRUNCH on the outside with the flavorful inside, you’ll love this soft, flaky, exquisitely moist, and crispier Cod fried in the air fryer (no greasiness, no extra fat).
Why Should You Go for Air Fryer Cod?
You’ve come to the perfect place if you’re looking for quick, easy, crowd-pleasing recipes that are ideal for game day dinner! This recipe will show you how to air fry fish and obtain incredible flavor and crisp texture, almost as if it were deep-fried! You’ll adore this recipe since it’s a healthy, equally delicious alternative to deep-fried fish.
How to Serve the Air Fryer Crispy Cod?
When you have a few sizzling, crispy, and delicious air fryer Cod to eat with the delicious homemade sauce, it’s time to relax and enjoy yourself! Still, if you want to make it a meal, serve it with a quantity of keto French fries or parsnip fries or on the side and some tartar sauce and ketchup.
Don’t Overfill: Make sure there’s enough room among all the pieces of Cod. Everything will cook evenly as a result of this.
Halfway Flip: Flip the Cod after approx 10 min to ensure that both sides are cooked evenly.
Crunch it up a bit more: After you’ve flipped the Cod and fried both sides, flip it again to crisp it up some more. This is one of my favorite things since it provides a little more crunch!
More Seafood Recipes
Air Fryer Crispy Cod
- 4 (4-ounce) Cod fillets (¾-inch thick)
- to taste salt
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp fresh dill minced
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp lemon zest grated
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- non stick cooking spray
- Season the cod fillets with salt generously.
- In a shallow bowl, place the flour.
- Crack the eggs in a second bowl and beat well.
- In a third bowl, mix together the panko, dill, lemon zest, mustard and spices.
- Coat each cod fillet with the flour, then dip into beaten eggs and finally, coat with panko mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the cod fillets into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer and spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 13-15 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, flip the cod fillets.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the cod fillets from Air Fryer and serve.