Air Fryer Salmon Cakes are the perfect appetizer. These Cakes have a unique taste of flaked wild salmon that adds flavor to the whole cake. They can be served before dinner as an appetizer anytime.
From kids to elders, everybody loves these cakes. You can make them in a short period with the help of an Air Fryer.
Why Do My Salmon Cakes Keep Falling Apart in The Air Fryer?
The Salmon Cakes fall apart in an air fryer if they are too wet. Ensure that you have added enough ingredients to the recipe to remain together when heated.
So, do not place them inside the air fryer unless the ingredients are bound together.
How Much Time Should I Set to Make Air Fryer Salmon Cakes?
To make air fryer salmon cakes, you should preheat the air fryer. After spraying the non-stick cooking spray, place the salmon fillet on the basket.
Set the time for 10-12 minutes. While cooking, flip the patties. After 12 minutes, they are ready to be served.
At What Temperature Should I Set to Cook Salmon Cakes Inside the Air Fryer?
An air fryer requires 10-12 minutes to cook salmon cakes.
However, if your salmon fillet is thick, you can set more time. If your salmon patties are frozen, then it will take more time. Moreover, thin fillets will take less time. In short, you can adjust time according to the thickness of patties.
Once it is cooked, you can take it out and enjoy the mouth-watering salmon cakes.
Why Should I Cook Salmon Cakes Inside an Air Fryer?
An air fryer helps you cook salmon food quickly. Moreover, it cooks the food well. In an air fryer, the nutrients and the calories adjust in a way that proves to be healthy.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Salmon Cakes
- 3 large russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (6-ounce) salmon fillet
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup frozen vegetables (of your choice), parboiled and drained
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp fresh dill chopped
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- In a pan of boiling water, cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes well and place into a bowl.
- With a potato masher, mash the potatoes well and set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the salmon fillet into the greased Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the salmon fillet from Air Fryer and place into a large bowl.
- With a fork, flake the salmon.
- In the bowl of salmon, add the mashed potatoes, egg, vegetables, herbs, salt, and black pepper and mix until well combined.
- Make 6 equal-sized patties from the mixture.
- Coat each patty with breadcrumbs and then drizzle with the oil.
- Line the Air Fryer Basket with a piece of foil and then spray with cooking spray.
- Slide the basket inside and adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the salmon patties into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10-12 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the patties once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the salmon cakes from Air Fryer and serve.