Do you love eating scallops but want to avoid all the mess and high-calories that come by deep-frying them? Try these air fryer crispy scallops!
They are delicious and crispier with flour, paprika, and cornflakes. They’re coated in cornflakes and a flavorful mixture before being fried in an air fryer until crispy on the exterior and tender inside.
What isn’t there to like about them?
Why Should You Air Fry The Scallops?
The air fryer aids in the creation of a golden crisp exterior layer while keeping the subtle scallops flavorful and moist. This simple air-fried scallop recipe is perfect for a quick yet healthy appetizer.
This effortless recipe is the most convenient way to make healthy “fried scallops” at home. In just 21 minutes, fresh sea scallops are covered in seasoned crumbs then air-fried to perfection.
Is it Possible to Air Fry Frozen Scallops?
Yes, although for this recipe, it is recommended that you should first thaw them and then put them straight into your air fryer. Once they’ve thawed, make sure you pat them dry to keep them crisp.
Are Bay Scallops & Sea Scallops the Same Thing?
Sea scallops are sweet, but bay scallops are much sweeter and smaller comparatively. Bay scallops are more commonly used in soups and stews, whereas sea scallops are ideal for frying and pan searing.
What to Serve With Air Fryer Crispy Scallops?
These scallops go well with French fries, coleslaw, and a drink on the side. Serve warm scallops over a bed of mixed greens with your preferred vinaigrette for a lighter option.
Can I Store Them?
Absolutely! Yes, you can quickly refrigerate these air fryer crispy scallops for up to 3 days in an airtight box or covered with foil in the refrigerator.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Crispy Scallops
- 12 sea scallops cleaned and patted very dry
- ⅛ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp paprika
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 2% milk
- ½ egg
- ¼ cup cornflakes crushed
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, add the milk and egg. Beat until well combined.
- In a third shallow bowl, place the cornflakes.
- Coat each scallop with the flour mixture, then dip into the egg mixture and finally, coat with the cornflakes.
- Spray the scallops with cooking spray evenly.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5-6 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the scallops into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the scallops once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the scallops from Air Fryer and serve.
Leave a Reply