Oh, my goodness! If you like chocolate muffins, you will adore these Air Fryer Double Chocolate Muffins. They’re fantastic!
These muffins are a delicious way to satisfy your chocolate cravings. They’re moist, and they’re chock-a-block with chocolate.
Not only does your muffin get a double dose of chocolate from the semisweet chocolate, but also from the mini-semisweet chocolate chips that are sprinkled throughout. What else do you want?
Can You Make These Double Chocolate Muffins Ahead of Time and Store them?
Yes, definitely. These muffins are ideal for hectic mornings because they can be made ahead of time. These can be prepared the night before and reheated the following day for a quick breakfast.
For Storage: Allow the muffins to cool to room temperature before storing them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. At room temperature, they will last around 2 to 3 days. Any longer, it’s better to put them in the refrigerator, where they’ll last for about a week.
How to Freeze the Air Fryer Double Chocolate Muffins?
You can freeze a batch of Air Fryer Double Chocolate Muffins for a quick breakfast or dessert. Allow them to cool to room temperature before putting them in a freezer-safe container or bag. In the freezer, they’ll last approximately 2 months.
You can thaw at room temperature or in the refrigerator overnight. Before serving, reheat the muffins in the air fryer.
Tips and Suggestions:
Do Not Overmix: The muffin batter should not be overmixed. Otherwise, you will wind up with dense muffins if you don’t.
Keep an Eye on Cooking Time: Periodically check the muffins since each air fryer cooks somewhat differently.
Add Coffee to Enhance Flavor: You can add a tablespoon to two tablespoons of coffee to the batter if you want to add even more layers of flavor.
Muffin Tins vs. Liners: Use a muffin tin instead of silicone muffin liners for the best results.
More Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Double Chocolate Muffins
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Grease a 6 cups muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, place the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- In another bowl, place the coconut milk, sugar, coconut oil and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the mixture into prepared muffin cups evenly.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 300 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the muffin pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15-18 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the muffin pan from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully invert the muffins onto the wire rack to completely cool before serving.