Since 1964, when chicken wings were first formed, they have been served as traditional appetizers.
Several new tastes have also been introduced in these wings. However, none of them can beat the level of air fryer honey garlic chicken wings.
These are rich in different flavors, and a combination of the hot spicy taste of spices and sweet taste of honey will take you to a new world of deliciousness.
Why Use an Air Fryer to Make Honey Garlic Chicken Wings Instead of Grilling Them?
The reason to use an air fryer is quite simple, as there are various hurdles that you can face while cooking wings by grilling them. You can burn the wings quickly on a grill, and it might be difficult for you to handle them when focusing on the other cuisines. Similarly, the seasoning of honey and garlic will run away while making them on a grill, and your wings will not be as rich in flavors as you get in the air fryer.
What Treatment Should be Given to the Wings to Achieve Perfection?
Wash your chicken wings and tap dry them with a paper towel. Then put them in a bowl and add soy sauce, salt, black pepper, and olive oil to it. Cover it tightly using a plastic sheet and then let them marinate for the whole night. Please keep them in the refrigerator so that there might be no effect on their taste.
How to Introduce the Flavors Deep Inside the Wings When Making Them in an Air Fryer?
If you want your Honey Garlic Wings full of flavors, then after cooking the wings, pour the prepared honey garlic sauce over them and let them cook in the air fryer for an additional 2 minutes. This will let the flavors penetrate deep inside the wings.
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- 1 lb chicken wings, split
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ½ tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- In a large Ziploc bag, add the wings, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, oil, salt and black pepper.
- Seal the bag tightly and shake well to coat.
- Refrigerate to marinate overnight.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken wings into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 20 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the chicken wings once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, for sauce: in a small saucepan, add remaining soy sauce, garlic, honey, water and cornstarch over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken wings from Air Fryer and place into a bowl.
- Add the honey sauce and toss to coat well.
- Serve immediately.
More Appetizer Recipes