Add some jalapeno to your cornbread for a kick! We have a delicious recipe of cornbread made in the air fryer within minutes.
This air fryer jalapeno cornbread will become your new favorite appetizer, side dish, or snack that goes perfect with chili or BBQ. I definitely love the endless possibilities that emerged once I have started air frying baked items.
Air frying may be used for a lot more than just vegetables and protein. You will absolutely love this if you prefer cornbread with a bit of a burst of spice from jalapenos and a lovely crumbly textured cornbread along with a trace of cheese flavor. I can’t get enough of it, especially if it’s deliciously smeared with a little softened butter. YUM!
The Advantages of Air Frying Corn Bread
Why should you use the air fryer to create cornbread? These are a few advantages of this simple air fryer recipe:
Tender & Moist: Instead of being dry, this jalapeno air fryer cornbread is moist and not dry. The heated air around the air fryer locks in the moisture, due to which cornbread results in soft and moist textured.
Quick recipe: You can effortlessly cook a loaf of this bread in your air fryer in just 20 minutes.
Saves Electricity: You can easily save electricity throughout summer by baking items in your air fryer instead of your oven. The air fryer uses less energy and bakes more quickly than the oven. You can bake this cornbread as often as you would like without heating your kitchen with the oven.
Versatile: Cornbread goes well with various foods and can be served as a snack, an appetizer, or a side dish. In my opinion, foods like barbeque chicken, grilled burgers, and ribs are much better with cornbread as a side dish.
Scrumptious crowd-pleaser: You can find rich carbohydrates in bread, and it is ordinarily inexpensive to cook and well-liked. So, if you have a large group of people to be fed, placing cornbread on the table will satisfy even picky eaters.
More Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Jalapeño Cornbread
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Pepper Jack cheese grated
- ½ jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- Grease a round cake pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, add the eggs, sour cream, buttermilk, butter, and oil and beat until well combined.
- Then, add in the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add the cheese and jalapeño and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture into the prepared pan evenly.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 300 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the cake pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 18-20 minutes.
- While cooking, rotate the pan once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the cake pan from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack for about 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the bread from pan and place onto a wire rack until it is completely cool before slicing.
- Cut the bread into desired-sizes slices and serve.