It isn’t easy to make a special breakfast for the family during weekdays. But, on weekends, I feel super delighted to create something yummy, especially for the kids.
One of my favorite go-to recipes is parmesan carrot muffins. Parmesan carrot mini muffins have a lot of cheese in them. My 7 years old calls them cheese puffs. They’re so light that they melt in your mouth while they’re still warm from the air fryer.
Oh, yes! I bake them in an air fryer instead of the oven. The air fryer parmesan carrot muffins are so soft to touch and delectable to taste that you will want them every day once you taste them.
Can We Use A Muffin Pan in An Air Fryer?
As long as it fits in the air fryer, you can! However, I believe that silicone muffin liners make baking muffins much easier. They hold up well in the air fryer, allowing you to make additional muffins.
Can We Use Paper Muffin Tins in An Air Fryer?
Yes. However, if you don’t use a muffin tray, the paper muffin tins will not maintain their shape. Silicone muffin liners come highly recommended. You don’t need a muffin tin with silicone ones because they keep their shape. They’re also re-usable!
Quick Suggestions for This Recipe:
Non-stick Oil Spray: These muffins stick to the air fryer pan a little because of the cheese. To avoid this, make sure to spray your pan with the oil. When you take the pan out of the air fryer, use a knife to carefully free each baked muffin off the side of the muffin tin, which will help to prevent sticking.
Storage: These Mini-Muffins with Cheese and Carrots are great for cooking ahead of time and freezing. Place the muffins in a big Ziplock bag and freeze after cooling. These will keep in the freezer for two to three months.
More Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Parmesan Carrot Muffins
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp dried parsley crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp cottage cheese grated
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 2-4 tbsp water if needed
- 3-4 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- Grease 6 muffin molds with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, parsley, and salt.
- In another large bowl, add the yogurt and vinegar and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for Parmesan cheese and beat them well. (add some water if needed)
- Make a well in the center of the yogurt mixture.
- Slowly ,add the flour mixture in the well and mix until well combined.
- Place the mixture into the prepared muffin molds evenly and top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the muffin molds into the Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 7-8 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the muffin molds from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully invert the muffins onto the wire rack to cool completely before serving.