An empty corner of your dining table can be occupied by a perfectly made side dish.
Using sweet potatoes cooked in a casserole pan will be a perfect side dish. However, making them is not a doddle.
But it could be if you are using this air fryer sweet potato casserole. Baking it in the air fryer is way easier than doing it in the oven.
What are the Ingredients That are Required to Make This Delicious Air Fryer Potato Casserole?
Ingredients from different genres are required to make this delicious casserole. You need some sweet potatoes, coconut milk butter, cinnamon, pecans, and sugar. You can also add some other nuts of your choice. Make sure that the butter is melted completely and no fats have been extracted from the coconut milk. Cut pecans into medium-sized pieces instead of crushing them into tiny pieces.
How Much Time is Required to Make this Sweet Potato Casserole?
The preparation time for this delicious casserole is about 15 minutes. Out of which, ten straight minutes are required to boil the sweet potatoes. However, you can do various other activities during this time, such as preheating the air fryer, distributing things for topping, and cutting pecans. After making the casserole mixture, you have to bake it in an air fryer for a given time and temperature. The time is almost 26 minutes for the whole baking process.
More Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Casserole
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray You can spare some ingredients such as brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, etc. Later, use them for topping your casserole.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed Some other dry fruits, such as walnuts, peanuts, etc., will make the casserole even more flavorful and delicious.
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk You can also make it a couple of days before you need it. Prepare the mixture and save it in the refrigerator for later use.
- ½ cup brown sugar divided
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pan of boiling water, cook the sweet potato cubes for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the sweet potato cubes and transfer into a bowl.
- With a potato masher, mash sweet potato cubes.
- In the bowl of mashed sweet potato, add the coconut milk, ¼ cup of brown sugar and cinnamon and with a fork, mix until well combined.
- Place the mixture into the prepared baking dish evenly.
- For topping: in a large bowl, add the remaining brown sugar, pecans, flour and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add the melted butter and mix until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture on top of sweet potato mixture evenly.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 340 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the baking dish into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 16 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the baking dish from Air Fryer and serve.