Do you enjoy air-frying chicken? Yes? Then try these super delicious Air Fryer Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs that are incredibly crispy and juicy. Also great for meal preparation!
This Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Chicken is ready to eat in less than half an hour and excellent for dinner prep! Spices and brown sugar are sprinkled on the top for a rich crust.
In less than 30 minutes, you can have the juiciest and crispiest chicken breasts from raw to ready, bringing a delightful scent of herbs and brown sugar to your table.
Why I Make Chicken Thighs In the Air Fryer?
I love typical deep-fried, crunchy Fried Chicken Thighs. However, I don’t eat it very often because of extra fat and greasiness from deep-frying, and also, I wouldn’t say I like to muck up my kitchen by deep-frying items at home. Therefore, I tried making chicken thighs in my air fryer and loved the results! No mess, no extra oil and fat, and no heated kitchen. Thus, this is my all-time favorite air fryer recipe.
Can I Adjust the Spice Level in this Recipe?
I added the spices according to typical taste (my preference). Still, if you want to add more spice, you can easily alter the spice level according to your taste by adding red pepper and cayenne pepper flakes to this recipe. For both the peppers, a little goes a long way.
How Can I Store the Air Fryer Chicken Thighs?
Cooked chicken, regardless of cut, can be kept in the refrigerator for up to four days. You can also freeze the cooked chicken thighs, but it doesn’t always work well. If you want to freeze it, slice it first and keep it in a sealed pot for up to 3 months.
Is It Okay If I Use Bone-In Chicken Thighs?
Although this recipe calls for boneless chicken thighs, you can also use bone-in chicken thigh meat. Just remember that bone-in thighs take a few minutes longer to cook than boneless thighs.
More Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Air Fryer Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- to taste salt and ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the thyme, brown sugar and spices.
- Rub the chicken thighs with thyme mixture generously.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken thighs into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 20 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the chicken thighs once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken thighs from Air Fryer and serve.
Leave a Reply