Making some exceptional dinner cuisine for your guests will not be great if they are non-vegetarians.
However, if they follow a vegan diet, you have to struggle hard to make something special for them as you have minimal options for vegan cuisines.
This air fryer tofu in sweet and sour sauce recipe will assist you in making pure vegan cuisine for your guests. It will take almost 38 to 40 minutes to get this cuisine ready and served.
How To Treat Tofu To Make This Delicious Cuisine?
First of all, you have to take an entire block of tofu and ensure it must be drained and pressed. Then you have to cut into equal-sized cubes. After that, you have to coat them well with arrowroot starch and sesame oil. Make sure an even and thick coat has been wrapped over all tofu cubes. Then arrange them in the air fryer’s basket. Slide the basket in a preheated air fryer and let them cook for 20 minutes. This will make them profoundly cooked and crispier.
How to Make Sweet and Sour Sauce for This Tofu Cuisine?
You need some essential ingredients such as soy sauce, chili sauce, agave nectar, rice vinegar, minced garlic, and grated ginger to make the sauce. Then you have to pour all these ingredients into a deep pan and let them boil for a minute. You can also add tofu first and then boil and cook further. After adding tofu, you have to cook them at medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes so that all the flavors will penetrate deep inside the tofu.
More Vegetable Recipes
Air Fryer Beans & Veggie Burgers
Air Fryer Parmesan Cauliflower
Air Fryer Tofu in Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (14-ounce) block firm tofu pressed, drained and cubed
- ⅓-½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 1½ tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger peeled and grated
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 360 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, blend together the tofu, arrowroot flour, and sesame oil.
- After preheating, arrange the tofu cubes into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 20 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the tofu cubes once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, for sauce: in a medium-sized bowl, add all ingredients except for scallions and whisk until well blended.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the tofu cubes from Air Fryer.
- Transfer the tofu into a non-stick wok with sauce over medium heat and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Leave a Reply