Try this crunchy and super delicious air fryer tofu with Broccoli as the most OK Meatless Monday lunch! Since if we needed another incentive to utilize our favorite small kitchen appliance, i.e., Air Fryer.
Air fryers and tofu are a combination made in heaven! I usually advocate roasting tofu to obtain the crispiness I prefer, but tofu made in the air fryer has excelled. And I’m sure you’re aware of how healthy air fryers produce crisp, delicate vegetables. Yes, I believe this is a definite winner! It would be best if you gave it a try.
Is it Necessary to Squeeze the Tofu Before Cooking in an Air Fryer?
I recommend pressing your tofu before cooking it if you want crunchy, crispy air-fried tofu. This step takes a little longer than the rest of the recipe, but it’s well worth it. Tofu that has been pressed to remove additional water cooks up extra-firm and crunchy.
Essential Tips & Steps to Take Most Out of Tofu:
- Put the tofu block in the freezer, as freezing the tofu gives it a chunky feel (like a piece of meat) and absorbs all of the marinade’s flavors.
- Remove the block from the freezer. In the refrigerator, this usually takes 24-36 hours.
- Squeeze the block and force it down. Wrap the tofu in a couple of paper towels to absorb excess moisture, and then wrap it in a fresh towel—weight with something heavy and sandwiched among 2 smooth sheet pans or chopping boards. Allow thirty min (at least) for the process to complete. The tofu will thicken to roughly a quarter of its original thickness.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and marinate them.
Can I Make It Ahead of Time?
Tofu can be made and refrigerated up to 1 day ahead of time or frozen solid on the baking sheet and kept in a sealed storage container or freezer bag for no more than two months.
How T0 Store It?
Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days in an airtight container. Reheat at 400°F in your air fryer or conventional oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
More Vegetable Recipes
Air Fryer Potato Gratin in Ramekin
Air Fryer Beans & Veggie Burgers
Air Fryer Tofu with Broccoli
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 ounces firm tofu pressed, drained and cubed
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, blend together all ingredients.
- After preheating, arrange the tofu mixture into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15 minutes.
- While cooking, toss the tofu mixture once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the tofu mixture from Air Fryer and serve.
Leave a Reply