If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast or brunch option, you can’t go wrong with a chicken and asparagus frittata. This easy-to-make dish is packed with protein and fresh vegetables, making it a nutritious and satisfying meal.
With its fluffy texture and savory flavor, a frittata is also a great way to use up leftover chicken and vegetables from the night before. Whether you’re serving it for a weekend brunch or a weekday breakfast, this chicken and asparagus frittata is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection.
What Is A Frittata?
A frittata is an Italian dish that is similar to an omelet or a quiche. It is typically made with eggs and various other ingredients, such as vegetables, meats, and cheeses, and is cooked in a skillet on the stovetop and finished in the oven.
Can I Substitute the Asparagus with Other Vegetables?
Yes, you can substitute the asparagus with other vegetables, such as spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers, or zucchini. Just be sure to cook the vegetables before adding them to the frittata.
How Long Does the Frittata Need to Cook?
The cooking time for the frittata can vary depending on the size of the skillet and the oven temperature. Generally, it takes about 20-25 minutes at 350°F to cook until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown.
Can I Use Other Types of Cheese instead of Parmesan in The Frittata?
You can use other types of cheese in the frittata, such as cheddar, feta, or goat cheese. Just be sure to use a cheese that melts well and complements the other ingredients.
What Can I Serve with The Frittata?
Chicken and asparagus frittata pairs well with a side salad or roasted potatoes. It can also be served with fresh fruit or a slice of whole-grain toast for a complete and balanced meal.
More Poultry Recipes
Chicken & Asparagus Frittata
- ½ cup cokked chicken chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 6 eggs beaten lightly
- to taste salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ cup boiled asparagus
- 1 tbsp freah parsley chopped
- Preheat the broiler of oven.
- In a bowl, addcheese, eggs, salt and black pepper and beat until well combined.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-highheat and cook chicken and asparagus for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley.
- Now, transfer the skillet under broiler and broil for about3-4 minutes or until slightly puffed.
- Remove from oven and set aside for about 5 minutes beforeserving.