Looking for a fresh and healthy way to enjoy chicken? Look no further than this chicken and berries salad. Packed with flavor and nutrients, this salad is the perfect way to satisfy your cravings and fuel your body. The combination of tender chicken, juicy berries, and crisp greens creates a refreshing and satisfying meal that is perfect for any time of day.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy lunch or a delicious and healthy dinner, this chicken and berries salad is sure to hit the spot. So, grab your favorite salad bowl and let’s get cooking!
- What Is A Chicken and Berries Salad?
- What Types of Berries Are Commonly Used in A Chicken and Berries Salad?
- What Kind of Dressing Should Be Used in A Chicken and Berries Salad?
- Can This Salad Be Made Vegan or Vegetarian?
- Is This Salad A Good Option for A Low-Carb or Keto Diet?
- More Poultry Recipes
- Chicken & Berries Salad
What Is A Chicken and Berries Salad?
A chicken and berries salad is a salad that typically includes chicken, mixed greens, and a variety of fresh berries. It may also include other ingredients like nuts, cheese, or a vinaigrette dressing.
What Types of Berries Are Commonly Used in A Chicken and Berries Salad?
Common berries used in this salad include strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. However, other berries, such as cranberries, cherries, or pomegranate seeds, can also be used.
What Kind of Dressing Should Be Used in A Chicken and Berries Salad?
A light marinade dressing made with olive oil, Erythritol, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper is a good choice for this salad. However, any type of dressing that complements the flavors of the salad can be used.
Can This Salad Be Made Vegan or Vegetarian?
Yes, this salad can easily be made vegan or vegetarian by omitting the chicken and using a plant-based protein, such as tofu or tempeh. A vegan-friendly dressing can also be used.
Is This Salad A Good Option for A Low-Carb or Keto Diet?
Yes, this salad can be a good option for a low-carb or keto diet, especially if the berries are used in moderation. However, it is important to watch the amount of dressing and any other added ingredients, such as nuts or cheese, for their carb content.
More Poultry Recipes
Chicken & Berries Salad
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 10 cups lettuce torn
- For marinade: in a large bowl, add the oil, lemon juice, Erythritol, garlic, saltand black pepper and beat until well combined.
- In a large, reseal able plastic bag, place chicken and ¾ cup marinade.
- Seal the bag and shake to coat well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cover the bowl of remaining marinade and refrigerate before serving.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Grease the grill grate with cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken from bag and discard the marinade.
- Place the chicken onto grill grate and grill, covered for about 5-8 minutes per side.
- In a large salad bowl, place the berries and lettuce.
- Add the reserved marinade and toss to coat.
- Top with the chicken slices and serve.