If you’re a fan of deviled eggs and looking to spice up your appetizer game, chicken-stuffed deviled eggs are a perfect choice. This twist on the classic party favorite combines the creamy texture of deviled eggs with the savory flavor of chicken salad. The result is a tasty and protein-packed appetizer that will satisfy your hunger and impress your guests.
In this blog post, we’ll share a classic recipe to make chicken-stuffed deviled eggs. Without further ado, let’s get started and discover the ultimate for chicken stuffed deviled eggs!
What Are Chicken Stuffed Deviled Eggs?
Chicken stuffed deviled eggs are a variation of deviled eggs in which the egg yolks are mixed with chicken salad and then piped back into the egg whites. This creates a creamy and savory appetizer that’s high in protein and full of flavor.
Can I Make Chicken Stuffed Deviled Eggs Spicy?
Yes, you can make chicken stuffed deviled eggs spicy by adding hot sauce, chili flakes, or cayenne pepper to the chicken salad mixture. You can also add diced jalapenos or other spicy peppers.
Which Other Ingredients Can Be Used to Make Chicken Stuffed Deviled Eggs Healthier?
You can make chicken stuffed deviled eggs healthier by using Greek yogurt or avocado instead of mayo and adding more vegetables to the chicken salad mixture. You can also use egg whites only for a lower calorie and fat option.
Things to Consider While Making Chicken Stuffed Deviled Eggs
Use freshly cooked chicken: For the best flavor and texture, use freshly cooked chicken instead of canned chicken.
Be Careful Not to Overcook the Eggs: Overcooked eggs can result in a dry and rubbery texture. Follow the proper boiling time to achieve the perfect texture.
Get Creative with The Filling: While a classic chicken salad filling is always a great option, don’t be afraid to mix it up and try different ingredients, such as chopped bacon, diced jalapenos, or diced celery.
Chill Before Serving: Let the chicken stuffed deviled eggs chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
More Poultry Recipes
Chicken Stuffed Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup cooked chicken shredded
- 1 tomato chopped finely
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- to taste salt and ground black pepper
- pinch paprika
- In a large pan of water, addeggs and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover the pan and immediately remove from heat.
- Set aside, covered for at least 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the water and let the eggs cool completely.
- Peel the eggs and then cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove the egg yolks and place into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except for paprika and stir tocombine.
- Place the chicken mixture in egg white halves evenly andsprinkle with paprika.
- Arrange the eggs onto a plate.
- Cover and chill before serving.