Are you looking for the perfect breakfast or snack recipe? Look no further than crumble muffins! They’re easy to make, delicious, and crowd-pleasing. With this recipe in mind, we hope that now you’ll be able to confidently make delicious crumble muffins every time without having to worry about what ingredients to use or how long they should bake!
So go ahead and get creative with your ingredient swaps – there’s no wrong way to bake crumble muffins! Let’s get started.
Can I swap out any ingredients?
Yes! One of the best things about making crumble muffins is that they’re versatile regarding ingredients. For example, if you don’t have eggs, you can substitute them with mashed bananas or applesauce. You can also use different types of flour, such as whole wheat or oat flour, instead of plain white flour. And if you want to switch up the flavor, try adding nuts or dried fruits like raisins or cranberries into the batter before baking!
Can I make them dairy-free?
Yes, you can make dairy-free crumble muffins quite easily! All you need to do is switch out the butter in the topping with coconut oil or vegan butter. You can also use almond milk instead of regular milk in the batter for the same effect.
What kind of fruit can I use?
This recipe calls for apples; however, you can use any fruit when baking these muffins. Fruits like strawberries, blueberries, bananas, cranberries, or peaches work perfectly. You can also mix different fruits for an even more exciting flavor profile! Just be sure to dice your fruit into small pieces, so they don’t fall out of your muffins as they bake.
More Dessert Recipes
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- 1½ cups apples peeled,cored and cut into ½-inch chunks
- Preheat your oven to 425 °F.
- Grease 14 cupsof 2muffin pans with cookingspray.
- or crumb topping: in a medium bowl, blendtogether the sugars and cinnamon.
- Add in the melted butterand with a fork,gently stir to blend.
- Add in the flour and with a fork, gently stiruntil a crumbly mixture forms.
- Set aside.
- For muffins: in a bowl, add the flour, baking powder,baking soda, cinnamon and salt andwith a wire whisk, mix well.
- In the bowl of a handheld mixer, fitted witha paddle attachment, add the butter and both sugars and mix on high speed untilsmooth and creamy.
- Add the yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract andbeat on medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Then increase the speed of mixer to high andmixuntil wellblended.
- While the mixer running on low speed, add theflour mixture and milk and beat until just blended.
- Fold in the apple pieces.
- Place the mixture into prepared muffincups evenly.
- Top each muffin with crumb topping and gentlypress down.
- Bake for about 5 minutes.
- Immediately set the temperature of oven to 350°F and bake for about 15-18 minutes.
- Remove the muffin pans from oven and placeonto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Then invert the muffins onto the wire rack tocool before serving.
Leave a Reply