Are you searching for a delicious, fuss-free dinner that requires minimal effort? Look no further – this Pesto Chicken Bake is the perfect meal! With just a four ingredients, it’s easy to prep and will have your taste buds singing.
Juicy chicken sprinkled with parmesan cheese, smothered in fragrant pesto sauce, and baked until golden brown…you won’t be able to resist seconds of this heavenly dish.
Should I Use for Pesto Chicken Bake?
You can use store-bought or homemade pesto sauce for Pesto Chicken Bake. Classic pesto sauce is made with basil, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil, but you can also find variations that use other herbs and nuts.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Breasts to Make Pesto Chicken Bake?
Yes, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in Pesto Chicken Bake. However, the cooking time may need to be adjusted depending on the size of the chicken thighs.
How Can IAdd Vegetables to Pesto Chicken bake?
You can add vegetables to Pesto Chicken Bake. Popular options include sliced bell peppers, diced tomatoes, and sliced mushrooms. Simply add the vegetables to the baking dish with the chicken before spreading on the pesto sauce and cheese.
Can I Make Pesto Chicken Bake Ahead of Time?
You can make Pesto Chicken Bake ahead of time by assembling the dish up until the point of baking. Cover the baking dish with foil and refrigerate until ready to bake. When ready to bake, remove the foil and bake in a preheated oven as directed.
Can I Freeze Pesto Chicken Bake?
Yes, you can freeze Pesto Chicken Bake. Assemble the dish as directed, but do not bake it. Instead, cover the baking dish with foil and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, thaw the dish overnight in the refrigerator and bake as directed.
More Poultry Recipes
Pesto Chicken Bake
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4(4-ounce) boneless,skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Line baking sheet with a piece of foil andthen grease it with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add the chicken breasts and pestoand toss to coat well.
- Place the coated chicken breast halves ontothe prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top the chicken breasts with cheese.
- Bake for approximately 5-7 minutes or untilcheese melts completely.
- Serve hot.