Who doesn’t love a delicious and smoky bacon-wrapped chicken? Smoked bacon-wrapped chicken breast is a dish made by wrapping chicken breast with bacon and smoking it over low heat until it is fully cooked and infused with a smoky flavor.
It’s one of the best combinations of flavors, crispy bacon wrapped around juicy, succulent chicken. Not only does it make for an excellent meal, but it is also really easy to make!
In this blog post, I will show you how to make the best-ever smoked bacon-wrapped chicken breasts that are sure to tantalize your taste buds and have everyone asking for more. So if you’re looking for an easy yet scrumptious dinner recipe, then look no further!
What Type of Bacon Should I Use For Wrapping The Chicken Breast?
You can use any type of bacon for wrapping the chicken breast. However, thicker-cut bacon is generally preferred as it holds up better during cooking.
How Long Does It Take to Cook Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts?
The cooking time for bacon-wrapped chicken breast can vary depending on the size of the chicken breast and the oven’s and smoker’s temperature.
Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts:Generally, it takes 2-3 hours to smoke the chicken breast to an internal temperature of 165°F.
Baked Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts: You can bake bacon-wrapped chicken breasts in the oven if you don’t have access to a smoker. Bake the chicken breast at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
What Can I Serve with Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts?
Smoked bacon-wrapped chicken breasts pair well with a variety of sides, including roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, rice, or a salad.
Can I Freeze Leftover Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts?
Yes, you can freeze leftover smoked bacon-wrapped chicken breasts. Make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag and consume them within 2-3 months.
You can even prepare bacon-wrapped chicken breasts in advance and store them in the refrigerator until ready to cook. However, it is best to cook them within 24 hours of preparation.
More Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breasts
Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken Breasts
Air Fryer Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs
Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 4 cups water
- 6 chicken breasts skinless,boneless
- ¼ cup chicken rub
- 18 bacon slices
- 1½ cups BBQ sauce
- For brine: in a large pitcher, dissolve sugar and salt in water.
- Place the chickenbreasts in brine and refrigerate for about 2 hours, flipping once halfwaythrough.
- Preheat the Smoker to 230 °F, using charcoal and woodchips.
- Remove chickenbreasts from the brine and rinse under cold running water.
- Season chicken breastswith rub generously.
- Arrange 3 bacon strips of bacon onto a cutting board, againsteach other.
- Place 1 chicken breast across thebacon, leaving enough bacon on the left side to wrap it over just a little.
- Wrap the bacon strips aroundchicken breast and secure with toothpicks.
- Repeat with remaining breasts andbacon slices.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in smoker and cook, covered for about 2½hours.
- Coat the breasts with BBQ sauce and cook for about 30 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply