spinachAre you looking for a unique and very delicious dessert that is also healthy and refreshing? Then you are going to fall in love with Spinach and Avocado Sorbet! This unusual combination may sound strange at first, but trust us, and the flavors blend together seamlessly to create a creamy and delicious treat. The avocado adds a rich creaminess, while the spinach brings a fresh and subtle sweetness to the sorbet.
Not only is this sorbet vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free, but it is also packed with nutrients and healthy fats that will leave you feeling satisfied and guilt-free.
Can I make this sorbet without sugar?
Yes, you can make this sorbet without sugar by using natural sweeteners such as honey, agave nectar, or maple syrup. Or you can use artificial sweeteners like stevia or erythritol, but keep in mind that sorbet made with natural sweeteners may have a slightly different texture and taste than sorbet made with sugar.
Can I use frozen spinach for the sorbet?
Yes, you can use frozen spinach for the sorbet recipe. Frozen spinach is a great option because it is already blanched and chopped, which saves time and effort. Make sure to thaw the spinach before using it in the recipe. If you’re using frozen spinach, you will need to use a little more than the recipe calls for because frozen spinach has more water content.
Some expert tips to make Spinach and Avocado Sorbet:
- Ripe avocados will give the sorbet a smooth and creamy texture. To check if an avocado is ripe, gently press the skin around the stem.
- Using fresh lime juice will give the sorbet a bright, fresh flavor. Avoid using bottled lime juice, as it can have a metallic taste.
- Make sure to blend the ingredients until smooth, as this will ensure a creamy and consistent texture in the sorbet.
Serve it chilled: Sorbet is best served chilled, so take it out of the freezer a few minutes before serving to allow it to soften slightly.
More Dessert Recipes
Spinach & Avocado Sorbet
- 3 cups fresh spinach torn
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- ½ avocado (peeled, pitted and chopped) Use ripe avocado
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 20 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tsp almonds chopped very finely
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cubes
- In a high-powered blender, add all the ingredients and pulseuntil creamy and smooth.
- Transfer into an ice cream maker and process according tomanufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer into an airtight container and freeze for at least 4-5hours before serving.