Making some meatballs for dinner will be one of the best ideas to host your friends at the dining table.
These meatballs are so versatile that you can eat them with almost any other cuisine like some soup, spaghetti, or any other sort of gravy.
This air fryer beef meatballs with sauce recipe will help you make perfect meatballs and a flavorful drizzling or topping of sauce. This sauce can easily be prepared when your meatballs are cooked in an air fryer.
What is the Reason for Using an Air Fryer for Making These Meatballs?
The standard way of making meatballs is to steam them. However, you never want your meatballs to collapse during the cooking process or remain undercooked. Therefore, making them using your air fryer is one the best option. It will maintain the internal tenderness while cooking them perfectly and not let them get broken.
Can You Make Meatballs Using Some Meat Other Than Beef as Well?
Usually, it depends upon your choice of which type of meat you are willing to have at your dining table. However, the preferable thing is to use beef meat as it is easy to make meatballs. Using chicken or pork meat will make it difficult to hold the balls together, and they can break during the cooking procedure.
Some tips from some top cooks will lead you to make perfect meatballs for a delicious dinner.
Using lean meat for making these meatballs is the best option. This meat must be at least 70 percent lean. Meat present at the sides of the rib cage of beef must be your first preference.
Beef must be finely grounded, and all the spices and other ingredients should be mixed in it correctly using your hands.
Don’t use the sauce you make with them as a gravy; instead, use it as a topping only or for dipping.
More Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Beef Meatballs with Sauce
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- ⅔ cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup Ritz crackers crushed
- 1 can evaporated milk 5-ounce
- 2 large eggs beaten lightly
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp dried onion minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- sald and pepper to taste
- non stick cooking spray
- ⅓ cup orange marmalade
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- For meatballs: in a large bowl, add all the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Make1½-inch balls from the mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 380 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the meatballs into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the meatballs once half way through.
- Meanwhile, for sauce: in a small pan, add all the ingredients over medium heat and cook until thickened, stirring continuously.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the meat balls from Air Fryer and place onto a platter.
- Serve the meatballs with the topping of sauce.